Me and Hubby

Me and Hubby

Monday, June 18, 2012

One Month Old!

Taken at 7 days new!

I cannot believe my little girl is already one month old! Well, technically she was a month old yesterday. The last few weeks have been the busiest, most tiring, and most amazing of my life! With her auburn hair and bright blue eyes, I'm absolutely in love with her (and so is everyone else that meets Tennessee).
In the minutes and days after Tennessee was born we studied her little features trying to decide who she got what from. She definitely has my hands and ears - including the odd little holes my Momma and I were both born with. I was so excited to see that Tennessee had them, too! She has big feet and long toes like I do, but I think the shape of her toes are more like her Daddy's. I also think her nose, which I absolutely adore, comes from her Daddy. I've heard people say her overall look looks like me, and others have said she looks like her Dad. I honestly think she has her own look, but it is fun to pick out features that came from each of us.
Tennessee has some of the funniest little habits. She gets unbelievably excited when it comes time to eat, and gets what I call shark eyes when she latches on. David's right, some of her looks are a little scary! She also makes piggy noises, and what I call pterodactyl noises. She also splays her extremely long fingers out and the worst possible times. Like when I'm putting her in her car seat or trying to get her dressed.
She's a very happy baby and only cries when she's wet or hungry. And she's hungry all the time! In fact, I recently had to start supplementing her breast milk diet with formula. I received a bunch of formula samples while I was pregnant, and figured I may as well give them a try. Besides, Tennessee was eating so much I just couldn't keep up! It also makes feeding her in public a lot easier since I have yet to purchase a breast pump. I will eventually, but I keep putting it off since they're so expensive!
Tennessee loves her Grandpa, and always smiles at the sound of his voice. She also loves when he walks around carrying her. As much as she loves her Grandpa, she absolutely adores her Daddy - and already has him wrapped around her little newborn fingers! She never looks so tiny as she does when he holds her. It was pretty amazing to see him celebrate his first Father's Day with his little girl!
Tennessee is probably the strongest baby I have ever known. Since birth she was able to lift her head - and did often. Especially when I lay her on my chest and talk to her. She likes to lift her head to look me in the face when I talk to her. I also learned that if you lay her on her stomach on the bed she will use her legs to push herself across it on her face. As mobile she is, I think she'll be crawling and walking long before I'm ready for her to!
Right now we're trying to spend as much time as possible with family and friends here in Arizona since we're set to move to Florida in about two weeks. Time is going by much faster than I would like, but I know it will all be ok once we get there. I wish I were better about taking pictures of Tennessee with everyone here, but I have managed to take a few. This is one of my favorites:

with her Great-Grandpa Allen
None that were as beautiful as the newborn photos my friend Melissa Bailey took of Tennessee when she was just a week old.

1 comment:

  1. She really is one of the mot beautiful babies I've seen! And Melissa did an amazing job!!

    ReplyDelete