Me and Hubby

Me and Hubby

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Mommy Woes

I'm starting to feel a little anxious about this next week. I'm looking forward to the extra day off with the fam, but I'm less than thrilled with having to take this happy girl to daycare starting Tuesday morning:



The only reason I've been able to avoid daycare thus far is because cousin Sarah has so graciously been my nanny the past couple of months. Sadly, it's time for her to return to her real life back in Arizona, which means baby girl will be spending her days with a babysitter. I threatened at knifepoint (I was cooking!) offered for Sarah to become a Floridian and stay with us on a semi-permanent basis. I promised the same payment I would make to a babysitter, plus room and board and ample vacation time.

Ah well, I'm sure Tennessee will be just fine with her babysitter. we even did a test run Monday night and left Tennessee with Dana for about an hour and a half, just so they could get to know each other a little. Right about now I'm feeling a little sad that I'm not in a position to be a stay at home mom. Darn student loans... Oh, speaking of student loans, I just paid one off. Hallelujah! Too bad that payment is being replaced by childcare, oh and the newly acquired truck payment that we have to start paying October 1. Sigh.

At least I work from home nowadays. I can't keep Tennessee with me, but at least I don't have to be away from her while I commute almost an hour each way to work and back. If only my other child was of any use as a babysitter:

Yeah, right.

Truthfully, I really like the woman who will be watching Tennessee. She has other little kids around (not too many) for T to become friends with, which will hopefully make it easier for her to share when she becomes a big sister some day. I'm sure that after a few weeks or so T and I will both get used to the idea of being apart for the whole day. Oh, one other upside is that David is working 4 10s, so he'll have Fridays off and be able to keep T home with him.

New Goal: No crying when I drop Tennessee off Tuesday morning...

Also, with renewed sense of craftiness I have decided to learn how to crochet, or knit, or something. Also, buy a sewing maching and USE it. Eventually. I am so out of practice with sewing, that it might be a bit of a painful start. Hopefully not as painful as my return to the glue gun was (see previous post).

But first, I want to finish Tennessee's room, and then set to work on my home office. I would post a pic for you now, but it's so ugly you would cringe. So I think I'll wait until I can do a before and after pic and we can all breathe a sigh of relief that the room I spend 40+ hours a week in is no longer ugly! In fact, it's so ugly I think I'll use my 3 day weekend to at least get it painted. That way it has a 3rd day to air out so I don't start talking nonsense to my customers at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment