Me and Hubby

Me and Hubby

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Death and Taxes

The only two things in this life that are certain are death and taxes. According to "Meet Joe Black", at least. Anyone else love that movie? One of my favorite scenes is when Brad Pitt, aka Death, eats peanut butter for the first time. I'm also a lover of peanut butter - extra crunchy please.

I'm rambling.

I did our taxes last night, and am thrilled we'll be getting a return. Mostly thanks to the munchkin, and me being a graduate student. Around these parts, tax season coincides with my annual company bonus. And my birthday. And Valentine's Day, which I could care less about. Still, February is a good month.

Here's my early birthday/V-Day present:


David took Tennessee shopping with him while I was working last Friday and came home with this. He bought it as a replacement for the necklace I'd been wearing for YEARS. Seriously. I had this cheap double heart necklace that I bought at JCPenny's when I worked there in high school. So it was about 9 years old, and I wore it constantly. Never took it off. Pretty impressive, actually.

Happy tax season, hope you all get returns and never ever have to pay!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful necklace, I also could care less about Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete