Me and Hubby

Me and Hubby

Monday, October 15, 2012

Monday update

David and I had a good weekend. We explored Destin a little, which David had never been to and I only had driven through once. We went to the Bass Pro Shops, but weren't too impressed with their inventory. Small store, very cramped. Maybe next time we'll check out the one in AL. We walked through the little outdoor mall and picked up a couple of holiday scented candles at Bath&Body Works, and had lunch at the Hardrock since it's all right there together. Next time we'll check out the Harbour Walk.

Yesterday we mostly watched football, and made homemade potato soup and homemade mozzarella sticks. The soup was delicious, the cheese sticks were just ok. Will do a few things differently next time. David went out last night so Tennessee and I watched the SNF game and I tackled laundry and dishes. Not the most exciting Sunday evening.

The Weather: Highs are currently in the low-mid 80s, but the nights are clooling down in the 60s and sometimes 50s.

Right Now I am: Watching Monday Night Football and giggling at Tennessee rolling all over her play mat and trying to put all of the toys in her mouth.

Thinking: Not much. I'm pretty tired after work, schoolwork and housework, but trying to keep myself busy until Tennessee is ready for bed.

Reading:

I've been reading the Highlander series from Marti Talbott. There are 13 books in the original series, that follow one clan through generations of war, murder, and daily life in the Scottish Highlands during...I'm not sure, exactly. I think these start not too long after the death of Christ. They're easy reads but certainly entertaining enough. I'm on book 7, and I understand that after these 13 there is another series that follows the same clan once they come to America. I found them on my Kindle, first book was free, the rest have been $4.99.

On My TV:

Even though there are shows I love, like Grey's Anatomy, I really don't watch much tv besides football. I don't have the time, and now that David and I are on a more similar schedule I don't have any time to watch what I want without hearing whining in the background. We do, however, usually watch Raising Hope and New Girl on Tuesday nights.

On the Menu:

Not a whole for me at the moment. I'll still be cooking for David, but I am trying really hard to lose the last of the baby weight I'm still carrying. I gained a rediculous amount of weight (60 pounds), most of it at the end of my pregnancy, but I'm 3/4 of the way there. Only 15 pounds to go! Until I hit 125 pounds and my size 4 pants fit, I'll be eating less than exciting food. Sundays will be my cheat day since we like to make snacks for the football games.

On My To Do List:

Ah yes, the never-ending to do list. Pretty much the usual. Cook, clean, homework, take care of Tennessee, watch as much football as I possibly can, fit in time to run every day.  And sleep. Yes, definitely sleep. I also need to get Duke's nails cut and his ears cleaned. He hates both, and I have to tackle him to do it. Not my favorite thing to do, but better than dealing with bleeding quicks and ear infections.

Speaking of Tennessee, I am still on the hunt for food she will eat that will help keep her full longer. She has slept through the night since she was 6 weeks old and now she's waking up every few hours to eat. The formula isn't enough, and she doesn't handle the cereal well at all. I'm trying stage 1 baby foods with her, but she's still trying to figure out the spoon so she doesn't eat much at a time before getting really frustrated. It's a work in progress, but hopefully she gets used to it soon.

Also, we're supposed to get our travel voucher Wednesday, which I am using to buy our flights home to AZ in December. Wish I could actually get time off at the holiday, but the week before will have to do. I am also going to FINALLY order Tennessee's crib and bedding so I can finish the nursery and move her into it. I will definitely post pictures once it's all finished.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for only having 15 more pounds to lose! You can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete