Me and Hubby

Me and Hubby

Friday, October 26, 2012

Travel Plans

I FINALLY booked our flights home to Arizona in December. I've had the time scheduled off for forever, but had to wait for David to get the leave approved. Easier said than done. After much consideration, he finally got the ok from his supervisor, so we booked our flights. In the few weeks we had been waiting for approval, flights went up about $100. So it's costing us $850 for the two tickets home. Ouch. But seriously worth every penny.

Most of family is in AZ and we have long standing traditions that no one ever misses. EVER. I would be heartbroken if I wasn't there for the annual Farmer Family get together at my great aunt's house, or for the Christmas Eve get together at my Grandpa's. Although, the Christams Eve party hasn't been held on Christmas Eve for several years now. Now that my generation is all grown up, it makes more sense to hold it the Saturday before Christmas so no one has to worry about trying to get there from work or whatever.

This Christmas is particularly special because it will be Tennessee's first, and one of my cousins is pregnant due about a week before we fly in. I'm hoping she's a few days early so her baby girl will be there for all of us to love on. I just love babies at Christmas time. Well, I love them all the time, but the holidays are definitely more magical through the eyes of babies.

As far as Thanksgiving goes, we're driving from the Florida panhandle to my in-laws' in Virginia the Friday before. It's about a 12 hour drive, and we're taking Tennessee (obviously) and Duke the Bloodhound. Should be an interesting drive...

We'll have a week with David's family, and this will be his first trip home since our wedding in 2010, and his first holiday with his family since he joined the Air Force almost 4 years ago. Definitely long overdue. We are also excited to spend time with our niece Corinne, who is 3 years old but we've only met once. We are definitely looking forward to the trip - and to having 6 whole days off of work!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like amazing events up ahead for you guys! I'm bummed we won't be able to make it home for Christmas this year since we will be moving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always hard being away from family on the holidays. But I try to stay focused on the positive things. Just going home in December will be enough for me this year.

      Delete