Me and Hubby

Me and Hubby

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Catching Up

Holidays - such a busy time of year. It's also one of my favorite times of year because it's normally filled with family, friends, and really good food. This year is a bit different since it's my first holiday season away from home. Even so, David and I have managed to sneak in as much family time as possible.

Thanksgiving week:

The Friday before Thanksgiving we packed up our Bloodhound Duke, baby girl Tennessee, and what felt like everything we owned and started the long drive from Northwest Florida to Virginia. We decided to take the long way there and drive the short way back. It ended up being a 15 hour drive through Alabama, Georgia, SC, NC, and finally into VA. We got there just before midnight, and were completely exhausted.

Sunday morning we got up drove 2.5 hours to PA to meet David's aunt and uncle for lunch. It was their first time meeting Tennessee, and only the second time (first was our wedding) I met them in person.

 
Monday David and I drove into D.C. for the night - without Tennessee! The little mini-vacation was a gift from my in-laws, and while we both really enjoyed our time away, I was ready to get back to my baby girl!

Tennessee on the swing at her grandparents' house




Makes me think of the "It's so FLUFFY!" line in Despicable Me!!

Cousins Corinne and Tennessee
 
We decided to leave on Thanksgiving Day, and drove to Knoxville, TN for the night. It was so nice to split the trip into two days! And even nicer to drive through some beautiful country. I'm only sorry we didn't have more time to explore the area on our drive back. We will definitely have to add that to our my ever growing list of trips we need to make in the near future.

Next up is our trip to Arizona on the 15th. Less than two weeks! I can't wait to be back in the land of my people!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great time and so glad you got some time away together in DC. :)

    ReplyDelete