Me and Hubby

Me and Hubby

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Delivery

Don't you love getting packages in the mail? Today I received a stencil that I ordered from Cutting Edge Stencils that I had forgotten about even ordering! While it's better to get presents or things you didn't pay for, I was pretty happy with this purchase since I googled "Cutting Edge Stencil promo" and found a coupon for 20% off. Love coupons! And love the stencil more. I'll be using it in my office, and hope to get that done this weekend.

I also got our internet/cable bill in the mail today. Normally this wouldn't excite me, but it reminded me that hubby has been asking me to call and add a few channels to our programming. We basically had their bottom tier with the HBO movie package. I could usually care less about TV (except during football season), so it didn't really matter to me what package we had. Hubby? He cares. And he really cared that since we moved here in July he has not been able to watch BBC or the Science channel. So we've been watching Top Gear (a favorite in our house) reruns on Netflix. All 5 billion episodes. So I called and added an additional package that gives us BBC, Science, Nat Geo, the Military channel (also a favorite) and a few others I can't even remember. I declined to add the children's package because I don't like the idea of Tennessee growing up a child of television. I want her to play outside, get dirty, use her imagination. Anyhoo, I added the additional package for $4.99. Guess it's a small price to pay to make David happy.

Also, I feel like I survived something great today. I picked Tennessee up from her last day of daycare this week. It was a rough week for me and David, but Tennessee seems to be adjusting just fine. She's always happy when I pick her up, and really, really tired. I guess being around other kids wears her out.

David doesn't work Fridays, even though he has to go in for PT, so he'll make it home just in time to take care of our chunky monkey so I can lock myself in the office for 8.5 hours. AND, I'm hoping he'll enjoy his day with baby girl so much that he'll excuse me to leave the house long enough for a haircut and maybe even a pedicure. Neither of which have happened since Arizona. Egad. If not tomorrow then hopefully I can fit it in sometime this weekend.

Mommy needs a little "me" time too, ya know.

1 comment: