Me and Hubby

Me and Hubby

Thursday, September 20, 2012

School

I've been working on my master's degree for a while now. I graduated from Arizona State with my bachelor's in 2008, and took a break from school until last March when I started using my tuition assistance through my job to get a master's degree. I'm taking classes from Grand Canyon University. They're all online, so I'm able to continue even now that we've moved 2000 miles away from GCU's campus. Thank God.

Today I am starting a new class. I have 2 more to go after this and then I am DONE. I should be finished by February. I actually would have been done sooner but I took a little break starting in May when I was 9 months pregnant. Then we moved cross country and I needed a little time to get settled. I have enjoyed the process but now I just want to have my pretty piece of paper and move on with my life. Especially since there are rumors of an early 2013 deployment. I really want to be finished before that happens. I don't want to try to be finishing my degree, working full time, and taking care of Tennessee all by myself, all at the same time. No thanks.

On another note, looks like I'll be switching daycares for Miss Tennessee. There have been a few things over the past couple of weeks that have made me...less than happy. I gave it a chance because I know I will be super hard on anyone watching my baby girl, but I'm ready to move on now.

I'm taking Tennessee to meet a potential sitter Monday afternoon. She's closer to home and I enjoyed talking with her on the phone. I already felt better by the time we got off the phone. Here's hoping I like her as much or more in person. Wish me luck. I hate daycare...

1 comment:

  1. That is great that you are almost done and I hope the potential sitter works out!

    ReplyDelete