Me and Hubby

Me and Hubby

Monday, September 10, 2012

Goals

I spent this weekend doing a whole lot of nothing. Well, if you count taking care of mini me while she's sick nothing. Poor thing still isn't back to normal, but she seems to be getting her appetite and is sleeping lots and lots. Now that it appears she's on the mend, hubby says he's coming down with whatever it is Tennessee has. Ugh.

We decided to keep Tennessee home from daycare and David decided he would take a few days to catch up on his rest and take care of baby girl. We figured it would be easiest for him since he has a million days of leave saved up and I only have about 12 hours of PTO since I used all of mine for maternity leave and moving from AZ to FL. Problem was, David had to go into work, do PT, then put in his leave request. He sent me a text this morning saying he was going to be late getting home, so could I take the day off? Of course, I did. He came in a few hours later and agreed to watch Tennessee while I got my eyes checked. So I headed off to Eyemaster's, but the eye doctor has decided he now wants Mondays off, so I ended up making an appt for this weekend. And I stopped in Old Navy next door for Military Mondays. I ended up buying T a few little outfits, something I really haven't done yet. I got so may clothes for her at my shower (thanks Momma!), that I was pretty well set through 3 months. I can't wait to take pictures of her in the new clothes I bought! Ugh, she's just so adorable it's unreal.

Anyway, since I spent most of the weekend rocking my baby girl so she's stay asleep, I started thinking about all the things I want to do here in Florida and in life in general. Anyone who knows me knows I love to make lists, so I made a 30 before I turn 30 list (I'm 26 now).

30 by 30

1. Get out of debt. We don't have credit card debt, but we have two car payments and 3 student loans. Ouch.
2.Finish my Master's degree. I'm almost done with the program, only 3 classes to go!
3. Give Tennessee a sibling.
4. Spend Christmas back home. This is especially difficult because it's hard for me to get time off around the holidays.
5. Spend Christmas with David's family. And since they live super close to D.C., I want to see the capital at Christmas time, too.
6. Rent a pontoon boat and spend the day on the water. Preferably without getting sunburned.
7. Visit Savannah, GA.
8. Visit Charleston, SC.
9. Visit the Bahamas.
10. Spend more time at the beach. As close as we live to the water, I have yet to actually get in. Can you imagine that?
11. Make a quilt.
12. Get my parents and brother to visit at the same time. Would love to combine this with #6
13. Read more.
14. Spend less time wishing, more time doing.
15. Be able to attend David's work functions. This is a hard one for me because we bid for time off for the following year in October. Then those with the most seniority get first pick. Days that are left can be taken anytime during the year, but the have to be scheduled a couple of weeks in advance to be considered planned. Trouble with this is the military does everything at the last minute. Which means I just don't get to go/participate. In fact, the guys at our last base called me "fictional" because no one had ever met me.
16. Visit David's family in San Fran
17. Visit David's grandparents in the Outer Banks
18. See New England during the fall.
19. Get to know my neighbors better.
20. Go to a professional sporting event. It's been way too long.
21. Go to Homecoming at ASU.
22. Take more family pictures.
23. Teach my children to love books and play outdoors.
24. Try not to spoil my babies (too much) on birthdays and holidays. I saw a board on Pinterest once that said gifts should be: Something to wear, something to read, Something I want, Something I need. I love that idea.
25. See the Vietnam Vet Memorial.
26. Start a family vacation tradition.
27. Go to Disney World.
28. Visit Branson, MO.
29. Set foot in the Atlantic Ocean.
30. Figure out a way to work less, play more.

2 comments:

  1. #1 is my goal too! We have my car loan left and I am ready for it to be done! These are all great goals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My old car had been paid off for a couple of years when we bought the new one last summer. I needed it, but hated adding the payment. Still, I hate student loans more!

    ReplyDelete