Me and Hubby

Me and Hubby

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Sunday Funday

Don't you just hate that phrase?? Everyone uses it, and to be honest, Sundays are a little sad for me these days. Back in Arizona, Sundays were pretty much my favorite day of the week. Except for the pending doom of Monday, of course. What made Sundays so amazing? Glad you asked.

Family. Specifically, this guy:


This is my Grandpa in his Army uniform during the Korean War. Isn't he handsome? Starting when I was in high school, I spent every Sunday morning with The Grandpa. That's right, he has a title. It's a little bit like going to church, if your church tells stories of wild shenanigans orchestrated by one unruly sinner who married a saint.

 
The Saint aka Grandma
 
Here's their wedding picture
Gorgeous, don't you think?
 
And here he is with my newborn munchkin
 
 
Seriously, though. The Grandpa has the best stories (all true - but maybe a little embellished) and I am so lucky to have spent so much time hearing them. Stories of a time much more free, and much more difficult than life today.
 
 I always miss him when I'm away, but especially on Sundays.
 
P.S.
While I hate the term "Sunday Funday", I'll let it slide this weekend. Reason being? Football is back in season, and tomorrow is a holiday. Enjoy your extra day!

5 comments:

  1. I wish every Sunday could be a Sunday funday with Monday as a vacation. One could dream... Thanks for joining our hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!! I am a new follower from the walkabout! I am looking forward to following your blog. :)

    Jen @ kyleandjensmith.blogspot.com
    The Adventures of our Army Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I love looking at old photos! I always feel like they made them so much prettier 50+ years ago. =P

    Thanks for linking up for Wednesday Walkabout!

    Sarah from GI Joe's Wife
    gijoeswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Wish I had a photo of me and my hubby that looked as good as my grandparent's wedding photo.

      Delete