Me and Hubby

Me and Hubby

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Years'

I hope everyone had a wonderful New Years'. David and I ordered pizza and watched the ball drop on EST, so 11 our time. We turned everything off and headed to bed after that, but were still awake when the clock struck midnight and there were celebrations around us. Duke (the bloodhound) was less than thrilled with all the noise, and I was hoping baby girl would sleep through it. Thankfully, she did, and the noise died down quickly.

We did some running around yesterday and I got a new phone. The Samsung S III. I LOVE it! I had a Samsung Fascinate before, so this is basically just the improved version of what I had before. The best part is we bought it at Walmart for half of what the carrier was charging, and we had a gift card so it was basically free. Can't beat that.

January 1st is also my Daddy's birthday, so I called to check in and wish him well. I really miss being around my family, but we're managing with lots of phone calls and occasional Skyping. Here's a picture of me and my Dad from a trip to Sedona/Oak Creek Canyon a couple of winters ago (this is on the Oak Creek Canyon overlook). This isn't the best picture, but I love it because we were freezing (it started snowing!) and having a hard time standing still long enough for the picture. There's a whole series where one or the other of us has our eyes closed or are squinting from the glare. It was a good day.


I have the rest of this week off from work. This morning I took Tennessee to daycare, and I have a long to-do list to get through before the weekend. First on my list is putting away all the Christmas decorations and getting the house cleaned up. As much as I enjoy cluttering the house with holiday decorations, I love how open and fresh it feels when it's all put away.

Today I'm also working on my resume'. I don't know if it will be necessary, but I feel a shift coming and I want to be ready. I haven't updated it since I got my current job over two years ago, so it's time.

1 comment: